Sunday 1 April 2012

OHARRO!

I would like to take a moment here to pat my procrastinating ass on it's back (hmm?) for finally starting what I've wanted to start for years.. a blog! An outlet for all my self-proclaimed witty thoughts, and profound time-wasting skills involving all sorts of DIY adventures.

The motivation which got me here was a simple pickle of self-congratulation. 

An unexpected and hugely welcomed event occurred in December.. my Moodle (apologies for the sickeningly cutesy name) and I got engaged!

Which means not only do I get to spend the rest of my life with an absolute dreamboat (swoon), but I also have one of the best excuses for spending my nights with paint-stained hands and a room covered in fabric cuttings! HEAVEN! We have a wedding to plan!

Initially I felt lost at the concept! I've had very little involvement in weddings over the years (other than being maid of honour to my best highschool friend, but let's not discuss those neglected duties and poor selections in wind-proof hairstyling). I had no idea where to begin or what was involved.

And then, I found Pinterest! Pinterest, and a number of other awe-inspiring sites that make you want to wtihdraw all your savings and head to the nearest craft outlet! My head is full with seductive ideas of prettiness, romance and personalisation... when perhaps finding a celebrant should be a higher priority? Meh.

But having now spent all this time on searching for inspiration, designing and trialing bits and bobs, researching, and letting my imagination go wild, and following my decision not to post about any of it on facebook (and thereby to 90% of our wedding guests), I've missed that feeling of self-congratulation and public approval that comes with status-updating your latest weetbix consumption record.

So here begins my journey in blogging.. I only hope my posts can be somewhat useful to others and short of tear-inducing boredom, and I would love any feedback at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment